February 1, 2009

Bow Wow & Jermaine Dupri Cover The Source

I'm all for paying homage to the golden era of Hip-Hop, but this just isn't "fresh" in the least bit. Neither of these two have really done anything to be considered monumental and I think their "time" has come and gone.

Don't get me wrong, the two work well together and, seemingly, have a knack for crafting solid, radio records; but no one ever really takes them seriously. I sure as hell don't. Maybe it's naive of me not to but, it is what it is, so I could really care less.

Bow, apparently, has a new album coming soon entitled, "New Jack City Pt.2" and when I caught wind of this I was more so scratching my head than I was interested.

Seriously? New Jack City Pt. 2? What exactly is Bow trying to prove? That the fact that he's getting older signals a shift towards grimier material? Whatever the case, Bow's bubblegum past will be his glory years and, is it me, or does Bow sound eerily similar to Lil' Wayne? You be the judge...

0 comments:

Post a Comment