December 14, 2007

Bow Wow & Omarion: Face Off


This whole “Best of Both World’s” thing is starting to get ridiculous if you ask me. I mean, really…really, who in they’re right mind thought that a Bow Wow & Omarion album was a good idea? If it didn’t work for R. Kelly & Jay-Z then why would it work for the lesser talent of Bow & Omarion? I’m not saying that I don’t respect the two for what they do because each are talented in their own right but everything that looks good on paper doesn’t mean that it’s going to work. Actually, to be honest, it just doesn’t work because this album is nothing but a waste of time. I don’t know if it’s because I’m not a part of the “106 & Park” audience that this album is mostly catered to or what but this album is pointless if you ask me.


All in all, there are a few bright spots in all this that I thought was a milestone but those are few and far between. I thought it was nice to hear the transition of Bow Wow to more mature themes (he actually swears on this album--no censors) but is it just me, or is Bow sounding eerily similar to Lil’ Wayne? You can clearly tell that Bow is modeling his style after Wayne but Bow’s swagger allows him to pull it off slightly. It’s still not quite believable but I’d listen to Bow over most of these rappers out now so I guess I’ll have to give credit where credit is due. The only complaint is that if you’re going to be like Wayne then…step YOUR rap game up! Lines like, “maybe we can kick it like a soccer player” are laughable and, besides…it’s been said before so next time around…be a little more original.


As for Omarion, not much can be said about his contributions because he mostly just played the background. I felt that he never really got the time to shine on his own collaborative album, which is kind of strange, but that just goes to show how uneven this album really is. Other than the great production and save for a couple of stand out tracks, the album is a disappointment and makes me glad that I didn’t waste money on this forgettable piece of work.

Rating: 4.5 headphones out of 10

0 comments:

Post a Comment