December 7, 2007

Ghostface Killah: The Big Doe Rehab

I’m not much of a fan of Ghostface Killah but to say that he is one of the most complex rappers alive would be an understatement. I’ll admit, I was lost on his previous album Fishscale and I swore I would never subject myself to another one of his albums but his latest release, The Big Doe Rehab, had me intrigued.

With little to no promotion behind it, I had heard from various websites of how good it was and to my surprise…I wasn’t disappointed. I mean, the album was really that good. It’s rare that an album these days has fluidity throughout and while Ghostface still managed to confuse the hell out of me, I found the album to be enjoyable from start to finish. The sad part about it though is that most people will never know that because the album will probably only be well-received by loyal fans of Ghost. All that aside though, the production was nice and it was good to hear members of the Wu-Tang vibing together once again…setting up perfectly for their new album 8 Diagrams dropping this Tuesday. And they say Hip-Hop is dead…

Rating: 8.5 headphones out of 10

0 comments:

Post a Comment