March 28, 2008

T.I. Pleads Guilty To Federal Weapons Charges

Well, it's official. Rapper T.I. pleaded guilty yesterday to three federal weapons charges that included possession of an unregistered firearm, possession of machine guns and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. T.I. formally accepted responsibility for these charges and by the terms of his plea agreement, he will now serve one year in prison and be required to complete 1500 hours of community service.

All in all, the punishment came off minimal compared to what it could've been but word on the street is that Tip may have snitched. I'm not sure what to believe, nor do I care, but I still don't understand how/why this all came about. T.I. is the epitome of success and for his career to be marred by this is just sad. It just goes to show that some people can leave the hood alone and some can't.

Hold your head though, Tip. We still love you but for heaven's sake, look at what you have in front of you and think next time. Don't throw away what all you've accomplished over some dumb shit. You're the closest thing we have to a living legend in the south so do your time and when you come home, kill the game like never before.

0 comments:

Post a Comment