September 20, 2010

¤ Little Miss Sunshine Pt. 2 ¤



Have you ever had one of those "every song on the radio is about her" kind of moments that make you stop and think about what you once had, yet somehow let slip through your fingers? Well, that's exactly how I feel right about now and this quote is the only thing I [seemingly] have left to hold on to.


"The one will pursue you, not make you prove your worth to them"

An inconvenient truth for me, I'll admit, simply because I feel as though a majority of the blame rests on my shoulders. Still, you can only make excuses for yourself for so long. After a while the truth will eventually start to sink in and it didn't hit me until a year or so ago when she and I had met for the first time (in person) in almost a year.

What can I say? She was as beautiful as I had remembered and just to see her standing there was enough for me to remember the way things used to be. To say those were happier times would be an understatement but the thing I find interesting is how perfectly blind we become when it comes to matters of love. No, I'm not saying that we were in love with one another; (technically we never formally dated to be completely honest) but what I will say is that a missed opportunity can resonate deeper than some of us will ever know.

God broke the mold when he made her and, admittedly, I've never lost sight of that. Besides, for someone as beautiful as her to be a part of my life is more than I could ever imagine and, truthfully speaking, she was the girl of my dreams. The only difference was, she was real.

Why I didn't realize it then was a mistake on my part and the last thing I should've done was to allow her to walk away. Do I regret it? Yes, in hindsight it was a bad decision, especially when considering these feelings that I continue to still have; but it allowed me to learn to take advantage of what I have while it's right there in front of me because a good woman, truly, comes a dime a dozen.

Be that as it may, I guess I just want her to know that the love and support that I have for her will always be unconditional. She'll always be someone I care for and, (*name removed*), I mean that with all my heart and to the depths of my soul.

-T.I.-

0 comments:

Post a Comment