September 19, 2010

Nicki Minaj Covers OUT Magazine

Nicki Minaj is an enigma. There's no other way to put it, in my opinion, but, still, I'm curious to see how/if any of this will pay off come 11.23.10

That's the day her long-awaited debut album, "Pink Friday", is slated to hit the shelves and to say that the future of women in Hip-Hop is depending on Nicki's success is an understatement.

Besides, the way I see it is that if someone with as much buzz as Nicki can't sell records; then what are the chances that another up-and-coming female M.C. ever will? The closest thing we have to a dominant, female M.C. is Trina, but even she had to turn pop in order to sell.

Which explains why Nicki has toned down all her sexual innuendo/metaphors. Sure, sex always sells hands down; but Nicki is an incredibly dope artist when she wants to be (listen to her verse on "Monster" if you don't believe me) and I just have the feeling that "Pink Friday" will be one hell of a piece of work. Especially with Young Money being behind the project all the way.

In the meantime, Nicki is featured on the cover of this month's OUT Magazine. Do yourself a favor and go pick up a copy when it hits newsstands later this month.

[Click here to view additional pics from the photo shoot]

1 comments:

JENNA said...

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING THAT U'VE SAID... I MEAN I LOVE NICKI MINAJ (EVEN THO U ARE ALWAYS HEARIN NEGATIVE FEED BACK ABOUT AND TOWARDS HER) I STILL LOVE HER... BUT AT THE SAME TIME SHE ALSO TALKS ALOT OF SH*T IN HER SONGS ABOUT HOW SHE THE BEST FEMALE RAPPER AND THINGS OF THAT NATURE SO I CAN ONLI PRAY THAT WHEN HER ALBUM DOES COME OUT THAT HER ALBUM DOES BACK HER UP... CUS IF IT DONT... THEN THE LIL FANS THAT SHE DO HAVE R GONNA WALK AND THE PPL THAT IS ALREADY TALKIN SH*T IS JUS GONNA GO HARDER ON HER

Post a Comment