September 18, 2010

¤ ATTENTION! Deficit ¤


"Women need attention therefore women will complain

Develop hatred for men and swear that you're the one to blame"--Drake

Women are hard to please...Of course this is something I learned a long time ago but, lately, I'm starting to notice more and more how true this statement really is. Perfect example, take this girl I was talking to recently..

Now, I know I may not be the most attentive person in the world but, sometimes, the expectations women have on men as far as wanting/needing attention are a little unrealistic if you ask me. Especially if things are still at that in between stage.

It makes things awkward almost if things don't work out between the two of you, but I guess it's all about finding that perfect balance. I don't mind showing you attention, but when it becomes obsessive and you feel like you need attention 24/7, then we have a problem.

Nobody needs that much attention and I think that's what's wrong with a lot of relationships nowadays. Don't get me wrong. Communication plays an important part/key to a healthy relationship, but is it possible to have too much of a good thing? That's the question I've been back and forth about as I write this and the answer is a resounding yes. Allow me to explain...

In the 24 years that I've lived, never once have I attracted a woman by showering her with attention. In fact, it's been quite the opposite. Women tend to respond when you treat them like shit and the sad thing is, a lot of 'em like it. How else would you explain a lot of the relationship drama you see on facebook/twitter? It's like clockwork almost with the status updates some of you women post when it comes to problems in your relationships but then, as if it was somehow by magic, things are all patched up by the end of the day. See my point?

This whole "battle of the sexes" is psychological. Nobody really has an advantage and, quite frankly, I, for one, am through in trying to gain the upper hand.

And to think...YOU and I could've been together too...

0 comments:

Post a Comment