June 2, 2009

¤ Art. Imitating. Life. ¤

My friend Erica has been waiting for this for months now and it's finally here! Which is good. I'm happy she'll finally have a chance to play it here in a couple of days (if she ever buys it), but I've never gotten the concept of these kind of games. The only actual "sim" game I've played is Roller Coaster Tycoon and let me just say...I don't think I'll be designing any theme parks any time soon. Besides, if they take as much time and effort as the "sim" implies, then I'm better off quitting while I'm ahead.

But The Sims has more of a following than Roller Coaster Tycoon. A huge following actually and that's what I was kind of surprised to find out. A lot of people love this game and have been looking forward to its release, so I hope it lives up to the hype. From what I understand, it's supposed to be the most interactive Sims yet and as to what that means? I have no idea...I just know that Erica has been talking this shit up to be the next best thing since fire and, hopefully, she's right.

Which she probably will be. The last video game I turned my nose up at was Guitar Hero and I actually liked it after I gave it a try. Again, I don't think being a rock star is in my future; but I held my own. Albeit on beginner nonetheless.

But I digress. I had better luck playing Street Fighter 4 than I did anything else and, you know, all this talk about video games has got me really wanting to finish Gears of War 2. Me and Ralph started playing a few months back, only to pick up NBA Live 2009; and for what ever reason, we just never got back around to it. It's his fault though. Something about he doesn't want to pay $9 bucks @ Blockbuster to rent it. I say he's cheap. He says he's selective with his money. Go figure.

On a lesser note, however, none of this can happen until I get my X-Box back. This is twice in less than a year and a 1/2 that I've experienced the red rings of death and I've had it UP to here with X-Box. Details in a blog coming soon. In the meantime, The Sims 3 is in stores people! Go buy it. Or, better yet, buy it for Erica. She'll be your friend if you do.

2 comments:

SHOOT EM UP!! said...

that what very disrespectful for you to just call ya freind out and call him shit man. thats a cheap shot and everybody knows you cant shoot!!

cassie said...

LOL I believe Rahfeal is cheap as well!!!! He knws he is!

Post a Comment