June 6, 2009

An Inconvenient Truth Pt. 1

Usually a blog of this manner would serve as a prerequisite for anger; but, following the Los Angeles Lakers 25 point victory the other night in Game 1 of the NBA Finals, I think it's fair to say that the grandeur taking place in La La Land is [somewhat] misguided.

Sure, the Los Angeles Lakers are a much better team than the Orlando Magic; but it kills me to turn on ESPN and see commentators and analysts alike proclaim this series to be over after just one game. It's just one game!

Who's to say the Magic won't win 4 of the next 6 to make it a series? Certainly it's possible but, in all likelihood, I'm sure the Lakers will prevail like they have all postseason. Besides, the NBA has gone to great lengths to ensure a Kobe/LeBron coronation and I see no reason for them to quit while their ahead. It's just naive in a sense, however, because I'm one of the select few that have NOT changed their pick. Magic in 7! Mark my words.

1 comments:

RDF said...

the lakers will win in 5. BOOK IT!

Post a Comment