November 6, 2007

Are You In That Mood Yet?



I don’t really anticipate CD’s as much anymore thanks in part to Limewire, however, one CD that I am looking forward to is Joe Budden’s Mood Muzik 3: It’s About To Get Worse. There’s no doubt in my mind that Mood Muzik 2 proved that Joe Budden is, by far, the most underrated rapper alive and with the pending release of Mood Muzik 3...I expect him to only build on the great body of work he’s released thus far.

I’m not sure if you can tell or not, but Joe Budden is one of my favorite rappers. Needless to say, I’m more than happy that Def Jam finally released him because talent like his does not deserve to be pushed to the side. Personally, I feel that Def Jam mishandled the whole situation and should’ve released him a long time ago but pride can be a bitch sometimes. People never want to admit when they’re wrong but all of that is in the past. I’m sure whatever label Budden decides to sign with will realize what he brings to the table as an artist so the trade off of him being dropped will even out once everything is all said and done.

Getting back to the upcoming release of MM3, I read somewhere that it is scheduled to be released sometime in December and heaven forbid it gets pushed back. Would I be surprised? No. Disappointed? Yes. Anticipation is one thing but constant delays just kill whatever excitement there is around things of this nature. Then again, maybe I’m the only one that even cares. All I know is that no other artist is comparable to Joe Budden right now and aside from new albums from Lupe Fiasco and Lil’ Wayne, MM3 is definitely one of the few albums I’ll be checking for this fall. Are you in that mood yet?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

great stuff there man. i didnt realized you like the man that much.

Post a Comment