February 1, 2008

Artist of the Month: James Morrison

Singer, songwriter James Morrison is definitely a breath of fresh air when it comes to music. His distinctive style and presence exudes contemporary soul and even though his fan base is steadily growing, he remains Britain’s best kept secret.

It’s hard, I imagine, to have crossover appeal to American culture but Morrison manages to do so just fine. His debut album, Undiscovered, has sold 2,300,000 copies worldwide and it’s no wonder why people are starting to take note. Undiscovered is an ingenious masterpiece filled with melodic tunes of pop, rock, and soul and the fine line between the three is what Morrison is able to pull together and make work. All the accolades he’s received thus far are well deserved and if I’m able to bring him one more fan, then that’s one more person that he didn’t have before.

Anyway, I figured the best method for all this would be to share his sound so, I’ve included a few of his videos as well. I realize that not everybody will like this guy but if you’re open when it comes to music, then I’m sure you will be entertained. All I know is that I like him so, hate it or love it, I just wanted to share something I think should be heard.

For more of James Morrison, check out his website by clicking here.

James Morrison-"Wonderful World"



James Morrison-"The Pieces Don't Fit Anymore"

0 comments:

Post a Comment