February 17, 2008

M. Night Shyamalan's The Happening [Trailer]

M. Night Shyamalan has gotten a lot of negative criticism following the string of releases since The Sixth Sense. His unique style and reliance on the ever elusive "plot twist" has turned fans off and it's sad because I'm one of the few that actually enjoy his work. I think the guy is extremely talented and I've loved every movie he's made so far. Save for Lady in the Water, which I thought was decent, I think M. Night is a modern day genius of his era so I'm anxious to see what he has in store with his latest film, The Happening.

Starring Mark Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel, The Happening is a paranomal thriller in which a family must survive a global economic crisis. Now, on the surface, this seems kind of bland when compared to M. Night's previous work but fans of Night know not to assume anything when it comes to his films. Anyway, here's the trailer for The Happening and it is scheduled to hit theaters Friday June 13, 2008. {On a side note...this will be M. Night's first R-rated release...just thought I should mention}

0 comments:

Post a Comment