February 16, 2008

Return to St. Elsewhere

I don't know about you, but I'm anxious for the impending return of Gnarls Barkley. I loved their alternative, yet mellow approach to music packaged as St. Elsewhere last year so once I got word that the follow up, The Odd Couple, would be dropping this spring I just had to blog about it. It's all about the music with these guys and the fact that they could care less what other people think, is what people and fans alike are drawn to. Now, things like the above makes you kinda question what goes on in their head but the motto of "dare to be different" is stretching here. No amount of desire to seperate myself from the pack would propel me to wear a wedding dress but Cee-lo, you're obviously more of a man than me. As long as the music is good and the same formula is applied that worked the first time around, I'm sure i'll be content with this new offering. Sadly, I guess all I can do now is just wait.

In honor of their upcoming release, I figured I'd take it back to where it all began. Here's the flashback of their innovative video for "Crazy" and this video is, by far, the best thing in a long time. It showed that some people in the music industry actually care when it comes to being creative and this takes creativity to a whole 'nother level.

0 comments:

Post a Comment