August 6, 2009

NFL: Giants and QB Eli Manning Agree to 6-year, $97.5M Extension

What in the hell has Eli Manning done to deserve a contract worth $97.5M(of which, $35M is guaranteed)? Sure, he may have won a Super Bowl on pure luck, but last season was a microcosm of his entire career and the thing I don't get is how a well run organization like the NY Giants could pay somebody for mediocrity.

It just doesn't make sense and, besides, we all saw what happend when Eli's safety net in Plaxico Burress was taken away from him. He became a less than average quarterback and his team's struggles reflected that when they were bounced in the divisional playoffs against the Philadelphia Eagles last year.

But to each's own, I suppose. The NY Giants (as an organization) have a much better handle on these kind of things than I do; and if they feel like Eli is worth it, who am I to say different? He did lead them to an improbable Super Bowl and, being their franchise player, I guess it makes sense to lock him up now while they still can. All I'm saying is the guy isn't worth it and for Giants fans that say otherwise, wake me up when Eli wins another ring.

0 comments:

Post a Comment