August 8, 2009

¤ Remember Michael Jackson's Moonwalker? ¤

All this talk about Michael Jackson in the previous post below really got me to thinking about the influence he had on music and it's a shame that he's no longer among us. Truth be told, I'm a huge fan of the music he left behind; but, even more so, of the film he left as well.

Not many people remember this video anthology, of sorts, encompassed as Michael Jackson's Moonwalker; but I, myself, remember this as if it were just yesterday.

I swear, you couldn't tell me another movie existed as much as I watched it and, looking back, it's not like it was any good either. It's just that, at that time, I WAS Michael Jackson and, in any way I could, I would embody everything he was. Signature glove and all.


It's funny now thinking about it all and how obsessed I was with this man, but I think we all were enamored with his larger than life persona. We never got enough of him as an entertainer and I guess that's why it hurt so much to hear of his passing. He truly was the global icon that everybody made him out to be and, aside from a few character defects, his legacy will ultimately be that of the King of Pop. | + R.I.P Michael Jackson+ |


0 comments:

Post a Comment