August 24, 2009

Usher Covers Uptown Mag's 5th Anniversary Issue

The thing I don't get about Usher is how unfazed he seems to be whenever it comes to super stardom. Any other artist would be subdued by the "flashing lights" of Hollywood and milk it for all it's worth, but Usher seems to have always been humbled by his success more than anything.

Not that it's a bad thing...I applaud him for not getting caught up in his own "hype", but dare I say he's reached the pinnacle of his career?

Here I Stand was sub par when compared to his Confessions album and I blame it on his marriage to Tameka. Everything he went through with her took away his focus, in my opinion, and you could clearly tell in his music. Something about it was missing and here's to hoping that he can recreate that magic once again now that he's hard at work on this follow up project entitled, "Monster".

In the meantime, however, Usher is featured on the cover of Uptown's 5th Anniversary Issue so be sure to pick up a copy whenever it hits newsstands here shortly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment