November 5, 2008

Welcome To Heartbreak


[Click images for larger view]
I'm all for creativity if it serves for the betterment of music, but Kanye's approach to this 808's & Heartbreak album is kind of "out there". Maybe it's just me, but the video for "Love LockDown" made no damn sense whatsover and neither do the promo pics above. For some strange reason, all they do is remind me of Pee Wee Herman and we all know how left field that guy was. Remember?

Yet and still, I remain eager to hear 808's & Heartbreak and feel strongly that it will be his "Love Below" album, a' la Andre 3000. While that remains to be seen, I still propose death to autotune and hope that it's not overly done by Kanye. Rumor has it the whole album will feature this annoying mechanism but, if done creatively, I think it could work. Oh well, we'll find out Nov. 25th, I suppose; but in the meantime, let me know what you guys think. You feeling the promo pics for 808's & Heartbreak?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE HIM HE'S A ROCK STAR!!!!

Post a Comment