November 1, 2008

The Death of Danity Kane [Part II]


When we last left our ragtag team of supersluts women, it was unclear which direction the group was going to go. Following the conclusion of the show, many questions were left unanswered and, in true MTV fashion (more specifically, true Diddy fashion), fans were left wondering for another week.

Well, after much speculation, we finally got our answer and on the LIVE finale of Making The Band, it was not only confirmed that Aubrey was no longer part of the group; but neither was D. Woods.

Let me just be the first to say that I, for one, was not surprised by any of this and, still, could care less either way. My lovehate relationship with Danity Kane came to a fever pitch long before their self-destruction, so all of this is irreverent nonsense as far as I’m concerned. Yet and still, I respect those that are fans of Danity Kane and sympathize with them as they gather themselves emotionally.

The only thing is, I highly doubt this is the “end” of Danity Kane and I see this whole “breakup” as a set-up for another season of Making The Band. Just think about it. We witnessed their inception. Witnessed their rise to the top. And now, the beginning of the end.

It all makes perfect sense in a way, so far be it from me to call a spade a spade. The only thing I can do is think logically and, from a business standpoint, it makes perfect sense for both Bad Boy and MTV. Making The Band is one of the most watched programs on that network so, by all means, why wouldn’t they want to milk this thing for all its worth? Not to mention, has everyone forgot that it was the show itself that helped this group deliver two #1 albums in a row!

It sure as hell wasn’t talent, that’s for sure; however, some would beg to differ. Nevertheless, Danity Kane appears to be headed for the same fate as those that previously made the band and, maybe it’s just me, but purgatory’s never sounded so sweet. Wouldn’t you agree? Albeit musically, essentially their one in the same so, last but not least, R.I.P. Danity Kane. Forever damaged. Forever forgotten.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

r.i.p. DK...AUBREY O'DAY THATS MY GIRL!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

"Forever damaged. Forever forgotten."

Ouch! That was soo harsh!!

Lol... I'm sure we disagree on this, but I believe Diddy could've managed them a lot better. I blame 50% of this on him.

But whatever... it's 15 minutes of fame..

Post a Comment