January 1, 2009

The Notorious Naturi Naughton

Who would ever think that an R&B, Pop princess would play someone like Lil' Kim in a major motion picture? I, myself, never thought it to be a possibility but that's exactly the opportunity that former 3LW member Naturi Naughton was given and critics have been in an uproar ever since.

Now, bear in mind that a majority of the criticism is from people [actually] close to the situation and, from what I hear, producers were out to make Notorious as authentic as possible. Whether that's true or not remains to be seen, but I still don't see how someone as soft natured as Naturi could pull off [playing] someone as explicit as Lil' Kim. Both of their personalities are polar opposites and it seems like it would be a stretch.

Only time will tell, I suppose. Notorious is set to hit theaters January 16th but, in the meantime, be sure to pick up a copy of KING magazine. The homage to Lil' Kim's "Notorious" album is a good look with Naturi on the cover so big ups to KING.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

SHE DO KINDA LOOK LIKE HER. WELL ON DA COVER OF THE MAGAZINE ANYWAY. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT WAS THE GIRL FROM 3LW.

Post a Comment