January 7, 2009

Allen Iverson Covers Slam Magazine

Allen Iverson has been criticized his entire career for being a "me" first player and I honestly thought his arrival in Detroit would prove otherwise. Needless to say, things haven't gone so well since and to say that the team has struggled would an understatement.

Which is no surprise. Integrating a player of Iverson's caliber will take time to gel and while I'm confident the team will respond well once the playoffs come, it just hasn't shown on the court [yet] and it bothers the hell out of me.

Why? Well, at times, the Pistons look lost out there and seem to have lost that "championship swagger" they had with Billups; however, it all comes down to defense. It's already a given that A.I. can score; but if the team can rally around that concept and play defense as a unit, then I don't see why this team couldn't compete for a championship. Do you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment