August 7, 2008

Packers Trade Favre To Jets


After all the analysis and the constant coverage, a bittersweet divorce was made official late last night as the Green Bay Packers have parted ways with Brett Favre; sending him to the New York Jets of all places. In the hearts of hearts, I'm sure many would have liked to have seen Brett remain a Packer, but it kind of makes you wonder why the deal to Tampa Bay fell through.

It seemed almost certain that his departure for Tampa was imminent, and for that reason, I'm here scratching my head, wondering how/why a move to New York makes sense. As respected as Brett is, the Jets are far from being a contender and, last I checked, the Patriots own that division and will almost certainly claim yet another division title. If not, much credit to Brett and the Jets organization for pulling the trigger on this deal, but something like this is bound to blow up in the long run. All's well that ends well, I suppose, and until this season is over, I guess we'll never know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment