August 24, 2008

NFL: Osi Umenyiora Out for Season

If being the defending champions wasn't hard enough, the New York Giants will have an even tougher hill to climb [in repeating] without their leading pass rusher, Osi Umenyiora. Being a Patriots fan, I'm jubilated by this news; however, not to the point that I'm emotionally numb for something like this to happen.

On the respect tip, Osi is a solid player with tons of talent and I hate to see something like this happen but I [fully] blame the NFL. The pre-season is too long and when "accidents" like this happen, it takes the competitive balance out of the game. Wouldn't you agree? Anyway, come back healthy Osi and continue to do your thing. You will surely be missed, but as a fan of the Patriots...that's, unfortunately, where I have to draw the line.

0 comments:

Post a Comment