August 2, 2008

Manny Ramirez Traded To The L.A. Dodgers

Why Boston would make such a move is beyond me, but apparently the beloved franchise has had enough of "Manny being Manny". I'll admit, I'm not an avid fan of baseball and could care less for the game (it's too boring, in my opinion) but I'm a little surprised that Boston [actually] pulled the trigger on this deal. It had been reported that a deal was close to being dead, but this 3-way deal to the Dodgers came in close to the end of the trade deadline and was made official once Manny waived his no trade clause to approve it.

Again, why Manny would leave Boston in spite of all the turmoil surrounding him and his antics is beyond me but last I checked, the Red Sox are the defending World Champions. Why the hell would you leave a team that is prime for another championship run? See, it just doesn't make sense. At least, not to me anyway. For better or worse, the Red Sox remain a lesser team without Ramirez in the line up and his departure will [undoubtedly] make the L.A. Angels the odds on favorite to win the A.L. But, until then, that remains to be seen and to think...who would've imagined that we'd have such a compelling pennant race heading into this year's fall classic? Yep, this will be a hell of a post season indeed so stay tuned and watch how it unfolds..

0 comments:

Post a Comment