October 8, 2008

The Death of Danity Kane [Part 1]

Last night was the season finale of Making The Band 4 and, if you're like me, then you're definitely not pleased with the way MTV is dragging this thing out. I was more than ready to see the dismantling of Danity Kane (Sorry, Darien), more specifically the departure of Aubrey; yet, MTV pulled a fast one and is airing the season finale, finale next week!

Talk about a genius marketing move to get ratings, but my thing is, this shit better deliver. If nobody is kicked out the group, a lot of people, blogs, and so on are going to be looking real stupid and I, for one, can't wait.

I think it's pretty obvious that I don't care much for Danity Kane, so I could care less about their future as a group. The only one that has any real talent is the one that Diddy said had a strong voice (what's her name again? I forgot. I just know he said he was using her on a few tracks of his). Other than that, none of 'em have any real talent and, to me, they come off as a PG version of the Pussycat Dolls. That fact alone makes it potently obvious that their entire existence is irrelevant but, at the same time, I respect the fact that they have fans and I understand how "damaged" some of them would feel. Do I care? Honestly, no; but that's not to say that I don't have a heart. The same sentiments I have for Danity Kane, I share for Day 26 and Donnie; so I guess you could say I hate 'em all the same. Just equally.

Oh well, there's no spilt milk on my behalf; so rest assured that I will be watching next Tuesday. Although I more than anticipate a disbanding (Diddy disbanded Da Band on their season finale, remember?), my instincts are telling me differently; so, I wouldn't be surprised either way. Therefore, before I completely rip Danity Kane apart (via words and space), I'll hold my words until I see things for myself. As should everybody else.

1 comments:

neverdaless said...

I'm so upset about this hold thing. I feel that Diddy could've deal with the situation in a total different way. Dats just Darien opinio.

Post a Comment