October 7, 2011

Yelawolf's 'Radioactive' Album Cover

[Click image for a larger view]
I'll be the first to admit that I was late on Yelawolf...for whatever reason, I didn't think much of him as an artist and just couldn't see him as one that would stand out; but even I, too, would find it difficult anymore to overlook the talent that this guy has.

His Trunk Muzik mixtape has been in constant rotation on my ipod as of late and I was eagerly anticipating this album of his to be dropping the same day as J. Cole. As is common with a lot of these projects it was pushed back, but something tells me that the anticipation will be well worth the wait.

Led by the Lil' Jon assisted "Hard White (Up In The Club)", Radioactive has all the potential to be an impressive debut; but my only problem, so far, is with this album cover?! It's a bold move for an artist making his debut NOT to have his face on the cover and for, Yelawolf, I think he NEEDS that. Talent alone won't make this guy a success, but I'm sure his A&R team have a plan as to how they are going to market him...I just hope that plan doesn't hurt him in the long run.

0 comments:

Post a Comment