October 10, 2011

Natalie Nunn Covers Black Men Magazine

[Click HERE to view more pic of Natalie Nunn in Black Men Magazine]
I hardly ever watch anything on the Oxygen channel, but there's just something about The Bad Girls Club that's addicting. Part of it is all the constant fights and drama but, for me, it's the women. 

There have been quite a few that have caught my eye, but none more than Natalie Nunn. Sure, she may have this well-deserved reputation of being a "hoe"; but I assure you that my interest is nothing more than a pipe dream.

Be that as it may, Natalie Nunn is featured on this month's cover of Black Men Magazine's 40 on 40 Latina issue and I can't help but feel a sense of nostalgia, almost, as it brings back memories of the days that I would anticipate magazines like these such as KING.

Not in perverted way either...I simply mean that KING magazine set a standard for featuring women of color and its impact was widely felt throughout the magazine community. So much so that it can clearly be seen in imitation by magazines such as this one.

No other magazine has come close to matching the gold standard of KING and, while I don't mean to go off into a random tangent, it's unfortunate that KING folded largely in part to a failing economy. Yes, I'm quite aware that KING is back on shelves now; but it's just not the same. As much as the magazine was pictures of beautiful women, the textual content tied everything together perfectly and you just don't get that with the new format that KING has evolved into.

But that's a different story for a different day. Natalie Nunn is one of the more infamous cast members of The Bad Girls Club and, with this spread in Black Men magazine, it's quite clear that she's looking to extend her 15 minutes of fame.

0 comments:

Post a Comment