April 25, 2009

High School Cheerleading Coach Fired After Posing Nude In Playboy

It seems highly unlikely that any of this would ever happen in "real life", but apparantly this sort of reality does exist. It's just funny how it never does in mine.

Be that as it may, I find it interesting that the gym teachers I remember were never this attractive and it kind of makes you wonder how so many people seem to slip through the cracks when it comes to educators and background checks. You would think, that's one job that you can't afford to have a bad judge of character; yet, no preventive measures seem to have been set in place amidst the recent rise in school related scandals.

Seriously. It doesn't require much effort to Google somebody to see if something doesn't add up and, trust me, I'm quite sure the board of education (or whomever) would've come across a red flag had they have done so. Seeing that they didn't, the negative press that comes along with a firing only promotes Playboy and could inadvertently send the wrong message to teenage girls.

Meaning. The confusion that comes along with something like this could lead them to believe that this sort of behavior is acceptable. Which it is? In a way, I suppose, but it all depends on how you look at it. I, myself, believe that if you make the personal choice to pose nude then, by all means, you absolutely have the right to do so. It's your body and you can do with it whatever you please.

However, on the other hand, I also feel as though you have a personal responsibility to not only yourself, but the ones around you as well. So regardless of how much money may come along with it, the drawback of doing so will always outweigh the positive. At least, in my opinion.

Be that as it may, I found this issue to be interesting enough to write about so feel free to read /comment on the [actual] story below for yourself.

[Click here to read story]

0 comments:

Post a Comment