April 11, 2009

Lil' Wayne Covers Rolling Stone

This whole rock star persona that Lil' Wayne has taken on lately has grown on me ever so slightly and, although I [once] ridiculed "Prom Queen" as a disgrace to rock music, I find myself having to eat my own words. Why? Well because it seems like all I ever do is listen to that song!

Maybe it was the video that helped piece the visuals together and won me over? For all I know, it very well could have. All I know is that this Rebirth album is shaping up to be something of note and, being the genius that he is, I'm damn near certain that Lil' Wayne could pull it off.

Especially if the direction he's going in is anything like what I've heard so far. "Prom Queen", "Hot Revolver", & "I'm Not Human" are all equally impressive and, while some fans may be a little turned off, I feel as if Wayne is venturing so far into left field that a mash up collaboration of Hip-Hop and rock music will never come close to what Wayne is doing right now. Wouldn't you agree?

For more pics of Lil' Wayne in this month's Rolling Stone, click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment