October 14, 2010

¤ Executive Decisions/Results ¤

I interviewed for a supervisor position at the place where I work and I'm a little anxious to find out as to whether I get it or not.

Unfortunately, I won't know anything until tomorrow; but, the way I see it, I've been working there for almost two years now and I'm well ahead of the learning curve as to what all I'm supposed to know as a teller. It's only appropriate to want to take that next step; but to say I'm a little apprehensive in doing so would be an understatement.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not nervous about the position. I'm more than confident that I could handle all of the responsibilities that come along with it. I'm just more so concerned with whether or not I'm ready to.

Working at a bank requires a lot of attention to detail and, as a teller, I've grown comfortable in making sure that I try to stay on top of everything.

So many different procedures are done routinely while others are done rarely if, hardly, at all. The point is, I'd be expected to know these things like clockwork should I get the position and it's nerve racking, in a sense, especially when considering I'm so use to having that next person "higher up" to assist me with the stuff that I don't.


Not to say that I still won't. I'm just saying that I'm the type of person that's resistant to change and I question whether I would even be in this position had things not fallen apart as they have.

Either way I look at it, I consider this a challenge, of sorts, and I plan to embrace it if given the opportunity. If not, at least I know I gave it a valiant effort; and, sometimes, the thought of not knowing "what if" can hurt worse than rejection. For that reason alone was as to why I even decided to throw my name into consideration in the first place and all I can do now is hope for the best and respect whatever decision is made. Here goes nothing, I suppose...


...To Be Continued...

~T.I.~

0 comments:

Post a Comment