May 23, 2008

Bow Wow Fades To Black

Next to this ridiculous vocoder craze, what is it with rappers wanting to retire all of sudden? Just off top, Lupe Fiasco and The Game come to mind with recent claims of bowing out but now you can add Bow Wow to that list. No where else could these three be mentioned in the same sentence so I guess Bow Wow's career can be somewhat validated now.

Nevertheless, I don't really consider this to be news, per say, but I just felt like I had to comment on it. A lot of rappers throw out the idea of retiring but it doesn't really mean anything for real. As for Bow, he says he wants to focus more on acting and be the next "Will Smith" and if that's what he wants, then by all means, he should pursue that. I'm not gonna say that's a bad look but thinking about it, I saw Johnson Family Vacation, Like Mike, and Roll Bounce and only one of those was fairly decent. Guess which one? I wish Bow the best but for all you fans, even though he intends to hang up the mic, his "last" album H.I.M.(History in the Making) is set to drop sometime in the next year. So, at least you have from now until then to prepare yourself for what a lot of teenage girls will probably consider the end of the world. My response to that? "Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn bro, I'm really depressed he's leaving...have a little compassion for our idol lol.-Pablo

Post a Comment