May 30, 2008

NBA Finals: Lakers Vs. Celtics

Well, the stage is all set and who would've thought that a year ago, these two teams would be meeting in the NBA Finals. Let me be the first to say that I didn't and as much as I hate both teams, I happen to hate Kobe Bryant and the L.A. Lakers a little more. Personally, I don't think this will be a long series so I'm taking the Boston Celtics in 6.

Don't get me wrong, the Lakers are playing really well right now but, all good things must come to an end. Something tells me the old Kobe will rear his ugly head and try to will himself to a 4th championship but I could be wrong. We'll see how things play out though but can someone please explain to me how great defensive teams like the Spurs and Pistons can lose double-digit leads? It's mind boggling to believe that these two teams aren't meeting again in the finals but, I digress.

Ratings wise, the NBA got the dream match-up so I'm sure there not complaining but damn, it's not that Kobe is that good but rather that his team is much better around him. The same goes for Paul Pierce and the Celtics. Oh well, Thursday seems like a long way away but Game 1 just can't come soon enough. Will you be watching?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have to disagree with this prediction. its the lakers time man. lakers in 6

Post a Comment