May 23, 2008

Iron Man

I realize I'm a little late on this review so I figured I'd skip the elaborate detail I would normally go into and just get straight to the point. Basically, Iron Man is unlike anything you'll ever see and is just something you have to experience. The special effects are out of this world and the way it comes across on screen is simply amazing. Besides, most comic book movies are hit or miss these days but Iron Man fires on all cylinders. No pun intended.

So, what it's all about? Robert Downey Jr. stars as Tony Stark/Iron Man, a billionaire weapons designer who has a change of heart after he is attacked with his own weapons. In that instance, Stark realizes his contradictory methods and their in lies the perfect backdrop for an awesome superhero movie (really, it's that good). Critics and fans alike have been very vocal on this stance so allow me to follow suit. No other superhero movie comes close, or even compares, to this film and I dare anybody to say differently. Downey really brings life to his Tony Stark/Iron Man character and let me be the first to say, I never thought he could pull it off. That being said, I humbly apologize Mr. Downey and kudos for a job well done.

The same can be said for director Jon Favreau. A movie of this magnitude seems daunting for someone of his status but he really surprised me also. Besides, the biggest movie he's been a part of (directing) was Elf so one could understand the hesitance to have him helm the Iron Man franchise. Luckily, things worked out well and Iron Man has dominated the box office since releasing. Overall, Marvel looks to be in good shape now that they've secured their own distribution company and what a way to kick things off with the success of Iron Man. Now, with The Incredible Hulk hitting theaters in a couple of weeks we'll see if Marvel can capitalize yet again. My personal opinion, if Iron Man was any indication, all signs point to yes.

Rating: 4 ½ inkblots out of 5

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I. LOVED. THIS. MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD I think I'm in love with Downey..! lol I'm psyched for the sequel!!!!

Post a Comment