April 10, 2008

Bobby Valentino Leaves DTP/Def Jam

I remember a few weeks back, rumors were swirling around DTP and it's roster of artists. Much of the speculation had to do with the job security of those artists but the matter was seemingly resolved when it was announced that DTP had re-signed with Def Jam. Now, in recent weeks, Bobby Valentino has, apparently, addressed his allegiance and has parted ways from both DTP and Def Jam.

Now, while this is far from being 100% confirmed, I find it hard to believe because Bobby V. is the only other DTP artist that actually sold outside of Ludacris. He's pretty much one of the primary investors of the label so to hear about this is news to me. Anyway, the decision to part ways comes three weeks before his Come With Me EP is scheduled to drop but not much else is known about the future of his upcoming album, Underground Love. As for the following, here's the recent remarks Bobby V. made via an interview and it explains his decision to leave.

"The decision to leave [the label] was totally mine. I sat down with Ludacris and Chaka Zulu, and I explained to them that it was time for me to venture out on my own. They had no problem with it; they are cool with it, no beef at all."--Bobby Valentino

0 comments:

Post a Comment