April 28, 2008

Brett Favre Chosen As Cover Athlete For Madden NFL '09

Even in retirement Brett Favre's legacy lives on, as it was announced that he would be featured on the cover of this year's Madden NFL '09. While it's certainly an honor, most have been apprehensive in regards to the "Madden Curse"; but with Brett Favre retired, what's the worst that could happen?

As far as new features are concerned, the game is still in development and won't see life until its annual August release. However, from what I have gathered, new additions are limited but subject to the following:
  • EA Sports Backtrack
  • Improved Online Leagues
  • Real Football Intelligence
  • Total Control Animation System
  • Revamped Graphics & Visuals
  • New Real-time Weather
  • New Weather Particle System
  • New Lighting Models
  • New Player Models
  • User-Controlled Celebrations
  • Offensive Line Slide Protection
  • Improved Stadiums
  • Revamped Franchise Mode
  • Field Goal Nets
  • New Game Modes
  • New Player Weapon Types
  • Smart Routes
  • Formation Subs
  • Madden IQ System
  • CPU vs CPU
As you can see, Madden is becoming the closest simulation we have (next to the real thing) so I'm curious to see how good it will look. The graphics improve each year and the more detailed things become, the better feel the game has. Overall though, I'd say I'm anxious to see how the User-Controlled Celebrations will work because it sounds like a good idea in theory. It's all a wait and see for now but one real quick comment before I close. Until I see otherwise, Brett Favre is not retired in my book. The guy's itching to come back so dare I say, (and you can quote me on this) "Brett Favre will play this upcoming season". Maybe not for the Green Bay Packers but something tells me his illustrious career is far from over.

0 comments:

Post a Comment