April 25, 2008

Ciara Preps Third LP, Fantasy Ride Due This Fall

Regardless of what some people may think, Ciara is still going strong in spite of all the naysayers. Her follow up disc to her debut, The Evolution, surprised many and spawned multiple singles including "Promise", "Like A Boy", and "Can't Leave 'Em Alone". Now, with two successful albums under her belt, Ciara is gearing up for her third and this time around...it's sure to be one hell of a ride.

Tentatively titled Fantasy Ride, Ciara's third offering is set for a late fall release. Early reports suggest that the first single will be a collaboration with Ludacris called "High Price" but, as always, things are subject to change. As far as production, Polow Da Don is back on board after blessing Ci Ci's last project with "Promise" but except Ciara to stick to her "Crunk&B" roots. Besides, what's that old saying? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Look, just being real, I could care less about what other people think about Ciara so I feel no need whatsoever to justify my reasoning for liking her music. I'll admit, she's not the best singer in the world so I'll give you that, but what she does as an entertainer is only rivaled by that of Beyoncé. Again, in no way, shape, or form am I advocating that Ciara and Beyoncé are in the same league but Beyoncé is, respectively, good at what she does and the same can be said for Ciara. All I know is that I like what I like; therefore, Ciara fans would agree that this new album can't come soon enough.

0 comments:

Post a Comment