June 2, 2008

T.I. To Get His Own Reality Show On MTV

It seems like all it takes these days is for a rapper to be either returning from prison or going to prison to get their own reality show. That being said, rapper T.I. is the latest to be blessed with his own little television program and, just being me, I'm interested to see how well it will be received.

Scheduled for a 2009 debut, the show will revolve around Tip completing his required community service and lead up to his eventual bid in jail. Now, I know what you're thinking. Doesn't this sound eerily similar to Lil' Kim's show a few years back on BET? Exactly, I was thinking the exact same thing but Tip's fan base is broader so I think MTV will be a little more successful in their venture.

For the most part, T.I. seems like a well grounded individual and rarely does the public get to see him wild out and become his infamous alter ego, but I think it'll be welcoming to see all sides of T.I. for a change. His status as Hip-Hop royalty is unquestioned and with the upcoming release of Paper Trail this fall, no album seems more important than this one. Will it justify his claim as the "king of the south"? Maybe, but that remains to be seen. The only thing that is certain, however, is that Tip has a lot on his plate right now and a appetite for destruction could be a blessing and a curse. Hopefully for Tip it's not the latter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment