June 17, 2008

8Ball and MJG To Ink Deal With T.I.'s Grand Hustle Imprint

I don't think anything is official yet but...rumor has it 8Ball and MJG are close to signing with T.I.'s Grand Hustle imprint. As most of you know, Ball and G were last signed to Bad Boy but after releasing two albums to moderate success/fanfare, the group grew impatient.

Now, set to sign with T.I., I think this is a real good look for them and will prove to be a lucrative business movie. Besides, outside of T.I. and Young Dro, Grand Hustle doesn't really have many marketable faces and Ball and G will only add value to this whole "movement" of theirs. Whether or not it will result in commercial success remains to be seen but, T.I. sure is making a lot of moves before his bid in prison. Just a few weeks ago, news broke of T.I. signing a 3 picture deal with Screen Gems so I'm quite sure his family will be financially set while he's away doing time.

All that aside, I'm not the biggest Ball and G fan but I hope they can deliver on Grand Hustle because they truly are "living legends". They deserve a lot more recognition then what is given to 'em and, in my opinion, Diddy didn't really know how to manage an act of their stature. Tip, on the other hand, comes from that same upbringing and can open more doors than Diddy; but, only time will tell how things will unfold. Now, all I can do is hope for the same thing for M.O.P.

0 comments:

Post a Comment