June 25, 2008

Did Kanye Really Deserve The Best Male Hip-Hop Award Over Lil' Wayne?



Personally, I think not; but something tells me a little bit of politics was involved. We all know Kanye's history when it comes to being "snubbed" at award shows but, without question, Weezy deserved his just due. I mean, his win for Viewer's Choice was a nice nod to his solidarity but Weezy deserves his moment to bask in the glory. Kanye has already had that opportunity plenty of times and after T.I. stole this award last year, I was almost certain that Wayne would take it home this year. Unfortunately, that was not the case and part of me can't be mad. Kanye's Graduation album lived up to the hype and is all the reason for Kanye to be awarded, but damn...what's it gonna take for Wayne to be recognized at one of these events? He'll have his time, I'm sure, but until then...Tha Carter III will remain in heavy rotation on my ipod; just like it will with so many others.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm going to have to agree with you on this one man. wayne should have won hands down

Post a Comment