June 17, 2008

Celtics Close Out Lakers in 6; Paul Pierce Named Finals MVP

131 to 92! I've never seen such a defensive performance in my life but, for what it's worth, the Boston Celtics took care of business and closed out the Los Angelas Lakers at home. As much as I hate Kobe Bryant, I kind of felt sorry for him [at times] because that stingy Celtics defense gave him nothing. None of his teammates could make a shot when it mattered most and for his team to lay down like this is surprising.

I'll be honest, I expected Kobe to go off tonight and force a Game 7 but all is well that ends well and I couldn't be any happier. I mean, for my team to lose the Super Bowl was one thing but to see Kobe Bryant be denied a championship is bittersweet. I couldn't ask for anything more so to those who clowned me (and you know who you are...Rolando, Rahfeal LOL), who's laughing now?

On the real, this year's finals was entertaining and surpassed last year's by far; but, shout out to Paul Pierce. His nickname, "The Truth", was fitting for him all along and on the biggest stage, he stepped up and proved why he was "The Truth". Never have I seen someone outplay Kobe Bryant on both ends of the floor and, for that reason alone, Paul earned his MVP trophy and deserves every bit of the credit for carrying his team to the promise land.

K.G. did his thing also and the play that will stick out [forever] in my mind, is the three point play that ended with him falling down...yet, still getting the shot to go. Other than that, Ray Allen's three point barrage was a sight to behold and big ups to the Celtics bench. Those boys came to play and their [team] defense put Kobe on lock. Therefore, congrats to the Boston Celtics. The 2007-2008 NBA Champions!

0 comments:

Post a Comment