June 26, 2008

I ♥ Candace Parker


I absolutely love Candace Parker so, imagine my surprise when I found out she was named 2008's Top Collegiate Female Athlete. That's right, just 24 hours after becoming the 2nd player ever to dunk in an WNBA game, Mrs. Parker was given the highest of honors and I couldn't be any happier.

To say Candace deserved this award would be an understatement, but just like the tat on her wrist that reads, "to whom much is given, much is expected," Candace has exceeded all the expectations that have been placed on her. Her quiet, yet strong sense of self-confidence has led her to back-to-back NCAA championships, awards, and what not; and after being drafted #1 overall by the L.A. Sparks, her sights are not only set on a WNBA title but [also] a gold medal at the Olympics this August.

Now, I'm quite sure everything will come to fruition in due time and that Candace will continue to be rewarded for all her hard work and determination, but all the accolades in the world could not amount to what it feels like to be Shelden Williams (her fiancée/Sacramento Kings player) right about now. I rarely envy anybody and, to be honest, I wouldn't go as far to say that I envy the guy; but, I do think he's pretty lucky to have a girl like Candace Parker. This guy definitely won in my book and is all the confirmation in the world that I, too, can pull someone as fine as Candace Parker. Ya dig?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love me some candance parker to. i was a big fan of hers from the time i saw her dunking in high school.

Post a Comment